Friday 22 November 2019

Art of the Animated Gif - Reflection

It's been a few weeks since doing this assignment and looking back on it I think it went great.

What went well:
Looking back on what we done for this mission there are a number of things that I think went well:

1- Research: The articles that I read about the history of Animated Gif Art that I spoke about in the previous blog post was really interesting and very useful when it came to writing about the history of Gifs in in my powerpoint presentation. The other article that I mentioned which spoke about all the ways to make Gifs was also fantastic and I would highly recommend it to somebody who doesn't have a clue how to but is interested on making Gifs. I myself had no idea how to do it previously and it really helped me.

2- Making Gifs: We all made our own Gifs with no problems - will go into this more when talking about what I learned through working on this mission.

3- Presenting: On the day of the presentation I was really nervous, I hadn't had to present anything in front of a group in almost 5 years but I think it actually went pretty well and surprised myself.  wasn't nearly as nervous once I started the presentation and over was happy with how it went.


Challenges:
Although the mission went well there was also a few challenges I faced:

1-Communication: Although we spoke through the WhatsApp group we made and we spoke about the mission when we seen eachother in college we never actually met up to go through all of our work. We also didn't practice with eachother before we presented which I think could have really helped when it came to presenting.

2- Back to education: I've been out of education for the past 4 years which meant I had to adjust to using programmes like Microsoft Word/Powerpoint again. At the start I was a bit slow but got back into it quickly enough.

3- Gif Error: When presenting during the class we included the gifs we had made in it, before class I made sure the Gifs were working (which they were) but for some reason when it got to actually presenting none of them worked.

What I learned:

1 - History of Gifs: I didn't know a thing about the history of Gifs before this mission and with all the research I done I'm definitely more informed than I was before.

2- Making Gifs: As I said above I would talk about learning to make Gifs. After reading the article that explained all the different ways to make Gifs I used Giphy which was really easy but for my final Gif used Momento. The article was great because it gave you step by step info on every app/website that was suggested.

3- Pronunciation: One of the small things I learned but one that surprised me is that I've been pronouncing Gif wrong the whole time. Its pronounced "Jif", since finding this out I still pronounce it wrong and don't think I'll ever call it a "Jif".

Well that's everything I can say about this mission! The next blog post I do will be about my Culture Mission and the topic I decided to do it on was Activism and Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment